Here at HiSUi Tokyo, we have an exclusive plan for overseas visitors to experience many aspects of Japanese Culture. While on holiday in Japan, many visitors may have been given the chance to see different types of Japanese Culture, but here at Hisui, we want to offer the chance to actually experience Japanese Culture, firsthand.
Whether it is trying on an authentic Kimono and enjoying the fine craft of the Japanese tea ceremony, or trying your hand at using a real sword akin to a samurai; while you are in Japan, why not experience some of the country’s unique culture here at Hisui Tokyo.
FIND YOUR JAPAN STUDIO ALTA サイトより
◆Reservation by appointment
>>> Click to book!
◆Free choice from experiences below
>>> Click to see the price list!
◆Up to 20 people per booking
If you would like to book a class with more than 20 people, please contact us in advance to arrange this.
◆English lessons available
Please let us know in advance if you need English.
Sado (Tea Ceremony)
- Entering the tea room through the Nijiriguchi, guests will receive a lecture on the tea room and the correct manner in which to enjoy sweets and matcha tea. This is followed by the tea ceremony itself.
- Highlight of Sado!!
The Nijiriguchi is a small, square entrance to the tea room used to separate the realm of tea from the everyday outside world. By entering through this, you can experience Japanese culture firsthand.
(Why Nijiriguchi is such a tiny entrance? Please ask our instructors.) All our sado instructors are certified specialists. They will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- The HiSUi Tokyo instructor will demonstrate the art of shizan (trial cutting). For guests who wish to do so, there will then be the opportunity to try it for themselves in practice.
- Highlight of Batto!!
This stunning Samurai experience that allows you to actually cut with the real sword is somewhat of a rarity, even for those living in Japan.
Shodo (Japanese Calligraphy)
- Guests will receive an explanation of the writing instruments, and the correct manner in which to sit, and hold the brush. After warming up, one can practice the different brush strokes and flicks used in the art followed by writing your own name (in kanji)
- Highlight of Shodo!!
Guests will then have the opportunity to write their name on a small scroll and seal with a rakkan stamp. After creating your own piece of art, you can then take it back home as a unique souvenir.
- The HiSUi waso instructors will dress guests in kimono (Men will be provided with a haori-hakama) followed by a photo shoot. Guests can take part in other art forms while wearing kimono.
- Highlight of Waso!!
By wearing Kimono while taking part in batto or sado, our guests can get a truly authentic experience of Japanese culture.
■Price List (excluding tax)
|You can choose 1 or more of our art forms (Sado, Batto, Shodo, Waso) for your experience day|
|1 Art form||JPY 10,000 per person|
|2 Art forms||JPY 16,000 per person|
|3 Art forms||JPY 18,000 per person|
|All 4 Art forms||JPY 22,000 per person|
- Please set aside 30-45 minutes for each art form you wish to partake in.
- 30 to 45 min for 1 art form
- 1h to 1.5h for 2 art forms
- 1.5h to 2h for 3 art forms
- 2h to 2.5h for all 4 art forms
- Credit Cards accepted.
We require 3 days cancellation notice prior to your scheduled arrival, otherwise we will charge you cancellation fee as below.
30% of your total amount will be charged if you do not notify us about your cancellation or any changes by 8:00pm Japan time on 3 days before your scheduled arrival.
50% of your total amount will be charged if you do not notify us about your cancellation or any changes by 8:00pm Japan time on 2 days before your scheduled arrival.
100% of your total amount will be charged if you do not notify us about your cancellation or any changes by 8:00pm Japan time on the days before your scheduled arrival or No show.
■NOTEChanges to the booking may be necessary in the case of late arrival (changes to the curriculum, the number of people who can participate in an activity, or the activities that can be experienced.)
If arrival is more than 15 minutes after the booking time, and we do not receive any contact, the booking may be cancelled.
We are waiting for your visit.
HiSUi TOKYO will provide you the most unique & memorable experience in Japan.